Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cuddlebug

There are definitely moments in parenting that are tough - but then there are the sweet, cuddly times that make it all worthwhile. Tonight was one of those. Manish was out at a work dinner so we strayed from his normal bedtime routine and just laid in our bed reading stories. Jaidan was drinking his milk and I held him close as we read his favorite books. It was past his bedtime, but we were having so much fun that I didn't pay much attention to the clock. He kept wanting to read the books again and I did (in different voices each time, of course.) Every once in awhile, Jaidan would look up and kiss my cheek or playfully pinch my nose and I wondered, "Does it really get any better than this?" I hugged him tightly and smelled all his sweetness and just looked at him in awe. I love you Jaidan, with every fiber of my being. I am so proud to be your mommy!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet. I know exactly what you mean. I cherish those special moments with Maddie. They make your heart melt like you never thought possible.

    ReplyDelete