Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Superb sides, wedding, family - so much to be thankful for!

This year we hosted Thanksgiving, and with the help of some talented chefs (Nisha and Manish), we pulled off the yummiest, tastiest, soiree ever! Since we spare the turkey at our house, we decided to showcase our favorite sides. The selections this year: Creamy Mac and Cheese with crunchy breadcrumb topping, Sourdough Cranberry Stuffing, Creamed Spinach, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Asparagus and Apple Crumble with Vanilla Ice Cream for dessert. YUM. It was a hit with all but our toughest little critic. Hint: he is about 2 feet tall and prefers Mac and Cheese from a box. (sigh)

Thanksgiving was also the weekend that Neils' sister Angelina got married, so we took part in all the festivities including a henna party! I'll post pics from the wedding events later because I didn't take pictures on my camera (really should get better about that, especially since I have a blog - duh!)

All in all, a wonderful weekend, and I can't wait until Christmas - which we will host as well!


Nisha starts the cooking early!

Jaidan lends a hand

Mac and Cheese

Cranberry Sourdough Stuffing

Creamed Spinach

Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Chives

Roasted Asparagus

Apple Crumble


Time to eat!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was delish! And Maddie is the same as Jaidan - all this awesome homemade food and all she wanted was mac and cheese from the box. Processed food over the real stuff - makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete