
...today was a loong day. And on days like today, I ask you moms out there who are reading this blog - what exactly is it that motivates you to have a second child? Other than wanting to give your child a sibling? Is it because your first child was such a breeze? Or you don't mind the chaos? Or you are a natural night owl? Maybe temporary insanity?
I love children, don't get me wrong. My little one is a joy beyond words. But this parenting thing - it's hard work people!!
I can't quite pinpoint one thing that made me want #2. I knew I wanted more than one and when Maddie was around 10 months old the baby fever hit again. The thought of 2 was exciting to me. I think I had blacked out how hard the first few months of having a newborn were. And Maddie is an easy one so I thought adding one more wouldn't be too hard. Boy was I wrong! But I'm in the trenches of it right now so I may not be the best person to ask. It is a great feeling to know our family is complete and I know once we get thru these first rough months of no sleep and no schedule I'll be happy I did it this close together. I guess overall I just really had a strong desire to have a second child. And he's totally worth it. :)
ReplyDelete